I made these treats for Missy’s 11th birthday today and they are her new favorite! She loves carrots and I had a lot in the fridge that needed to be used so I grated a carrot and added some applesauce for a healthy homemade treat. I used little heart cookie cutters and they are the perfect size for her. Just use whatever cookie cutters you happen to have lying around. The dog doesn’t really care…hehe!
- 1 cup Apple Sauce (sugar free)
- 1/2 cup grated Carrot (approximately one medium carrot)
- 1 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Oats
- 1/4 cup Wheat Germ
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- 2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- 3. Knead dough into ball and roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes with your favorite cookie cutters.
- 4. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely and refrigerate.