I love biscuits for breakfast but most of the time I don’t feel like going to the trouble of cutting in butter, and rolling out and cutting the dough, especially before coffee! I just want a hassle free breakfast. These biscuits are light, tender and buttery with a nice tang from the sour cream and a golden-brown exterior. I like that they make such a small batch and that’s another reason I want a simple recipe. It just doesn’t seem worth it to go to a lot of trouble for 4 biscuits. I need a recipe that’s quick and easy and this one is just that! Just stir, scoop, and bake!
Go ahead and adjust your oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Add the sour cream and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter into the dry ingredients.
Stir everything until just combined.
Using a quarter cup spring-loaded ice cream scoop, or a greased 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out and drop the dough onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet spacing them out about 2 inches apart. Brush them with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons melted butter and bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Rotate the baking sheet halfway through baking. Let the biscuits cool for 10 minutes.
I ate mine with butter and mango-peach preserves!
- 3/4 cup (3 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled plus 1 1/2 teaspoons for brushing on top of the biscuits before baking.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the sour cream and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and stir until just combined.
- Using a greased 1/4 cup measuring cup or a #16 ice cream scoop, scoop out and drop dough onto prepared baking sheet spacing them about 2 inches apart. Brush with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of melted butter.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Cool biscuits for 10 minutes and serve warm.
- Use a spring loaded #16 ice cream scoop for easy portioning or if you don't have one a greased 1/4 cup dry measuring cup works too.