Mississippi Mud BrowniesYum
I was seriously craving chocolate after seeing all the Christmas dessert recipes all over the web and this brownie really delivers on ooey-gooey, nutty, chocolatey yumminess!
These brownies have lots of chocolate! There is a dense, chocolatey, nutty brownie layer on the bottom, on top of that are the marshmallows, and then you top all of that with a layer of chocolate frosting! You really need to try these for yourself!
You’re definitely going to want a glass of milk with these! These are super easy to throw together. You’ll definitely want to share these, well maybe… 🙂 This recipe makes 24 brownies and I don’t think even I can eat that many, and I LOVE brownies!
So don’t make regular ole brownies when you can take your brownies to the next level with these!
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- Fudge Frosting
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine chocolate and butter in a large saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring until chocloate and butter melt. Remove from heat.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt, add to chocolate mixture.
- Add eggs and chopped pecans; stir until blended.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over hot brownies.
- Frost with Fudge Frosting.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Combine chooclate, milk, and butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until chocolate and butter melt.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Be the first to comment.